Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Armor of God

Wherefore, lift up your hearts and rejoice, and gird up your loins, and take upon you my whole armor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand.
Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, which I have sent mine angels to commit unto you;
Taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked;
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of my Spirit, which I will pour out upon you, and my word which I reveal unto you, and be agreed as touching all things whatsoever ye ask of me, and be faithful until I come, and ye shall be caught up, that where I am ye shall be also.
Doctrine and Covenants 27:15-18

9 comments:

  1. Love you Joy! Cute blog. I had so much fun with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very creative Sunday costumes, FHE costumes, whatever. I would go nuts with the mess, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You have the best FHE and creative kids! (or mom)
    See ya Tuesday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't take credit for this activity. My sister-in-law Amy did it with my kids while she was watching them this summer. Couldn't ask for a better babysitter!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does she want to come to my house? I have always loved that scripture and I'm sure your children will always remember it. What a great activity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im so glad you have your own blog now!! you need to tell your little ones to stop growing till i can see you all again, they are getting so big!! it kills me...hope your doing good, cant wait to see you all soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. I LOVE this picture. That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You reminded me of what a great FHE idea this is; thanks to you, Gabe is running around our house with a flashlight (sword of the spirit) and now refers to his clogs as "the shoes of peace." Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome FHE! My boys would love to do that! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete