Monday, November 16, 2009

Viking Football 2009 (Mitch)

Mitch had a great season.
Now I can't tell you all the details
because I didn't make it to every game,
but his team improved form last year
and he LOVES the game so what more
can a mother ask for...
except for no injuries.
So prepare for a long post
as I share a few highlight with you.













I love this photo for several reasons.
The first being that Coach Shamo was one
of their coaches and father of the boy's face that you can see.
Well he died of a heart attack after their first game.
Very sad...so the team wore wristbands everygame honoring him.
It really ended bringing the team together.



10 comments:

  1. I did not grow up playing football, but I have loved helping to coach Mitch's team for the past two years. He did a great job for us at running back this year - fun to watch and cheer as his father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitch, I loved the pictures. You look really good! I love hearing you talk about football. I can tell you really get it and love it. We will have to come for a game next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures! Looks like he had an awesome season-- so sorry to hear about the father who passed away... oh that is sad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT PICTURES! I'm impressed. I remember Ben telling me that story. Very sad. What a great tribute though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were lucky... the head coach's wife took pictures all season long and then made a great CD for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Mitch! You look like quite a player. How fun for you and your dad to do sports together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. So sad to hear that the coach past away. It is always encouraging for me to see others left behind to continue on the journey and endure- but to endure it well with heads held high is even more inspiring. Great job Mitch and Coach Hutchins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sad story! What a great experience for Mitchell in so many ways. Did not know he was such a football player! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mitch is such a stud! Wish we could be at his games with you guys.

    ReplyDelete