Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our Adventure

So for the first time ever,
we decided to go away for Memorial Day weekend.
The plan was to just go & stay in a hotel in SLC and do some hiking.
Well, the hotel we booked a room with didn't except our rewards coupon,
so they sent us up to Park City...Oh darn...
We had a great time.
We went to Provo Falls which is up in the Uinta Mountains, Kamas.
They were incredible and the river was flowing high and fast.
While there we learned that two guys were going to hike a ways up more
and kayak down the falls...Crazy nuts.
So we decided to say and watch. It was cold.
We had not planned on being so high up in the mountains with the snow still,
and all we had to stay warm while we waited were our pool towels.



These guys were amazing.
We even talked to them after they went down
another set of the falls.
Once in a life time experience to withness.
The rest of the weekend we ate pizza.

Played games

Went to bed exhausted from
swimming in the heated indoor pool
Which we did for hours!
We have another water rat on our hands now.
Haley loves to swim.
But her favorite was the hot tub!

9 comments:

  1. How fun!! I'm glad you got to be together as a family. Those are some of the best trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like a great weekend. I'm glad that you al had a fun and relaxing weekend. Vacations like that can be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were going out of town. How fun. I bet your kids just loved it. What a fun idea. You have been able to have a little get away, but I got to stay in town and clean the house and do yard work! Who's the lucky one now?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Love when a plan comes together and it is a real vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all had such a fun time. Looks like it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous memory making vacation! What great parents you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! I'm so glad you got to slip away and have some FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joy. Not sure if you remember me...I'm Sara Hunter...your cousin Norah's daughter-in-law. I found you on Karen's blog and added you to mine. I hope that's okay.

    Your blog is cute. I can't believe how big your baby is. I remember going to her blessing. It's crazy how fast time flies!

    ReplyDelete